When I saw some of my officemates carrying paper bags during lunch, I thought that they just ordered takeout from a certain coffee shops, where paper bags are normally used. But then when I went to order dinner from Jollibee, my order was placed in a paper bag. I was surprised but was happy since I've been looking forward to this switch the first time it was featured on TV that some companies are planning to refrain from using plastic bags anymore. I was more than happy since Jollibee is one of them, a company that I'm planning to buy shares from starting this month. Jollibee prior to this, have this "No Straw Day", which falls on a Friday, so it was already their second attempt to participate in an environment-friendly campaign.
Today, it turned out that McDo is also doing the switch to paper bags. And from what I heard from my officemate, the grocery near to their place is also using paper bags and encouraging customers to bring reusable bags when shopping.
I'm not sure if this is only implemented in Pasig. But still, knowing that it is now ongoing will increase awareness of the people with regards to their action contributing to nature's deterioration. I hope other companies join such campaigns as well :)
PS: I also heard from fellow officemates that lots of the building here in ortigas (specially their front area) are no longer open to smokers.
4 comments:
all establishments/stores in Muntinlupa stopped from using plastic since Jan this year, campaign started Nov last year to seriously psych and prepare the people :) it turned out really well, the city's already 6-months plastic-free, and several stores were shut down because of violating (isa na ang BreadTalk sa ATC. would u believe?! hehe) ...and I'm really proud of it!
Now I'm thinking, yung jollibee/mcdo jan baka nag shift na to paper bag, for all branches, para wala nang special printing for specific cities? lol. could be. or baka tlgang naging earth friendly na sila.
orrr.. baka gumagaya na rin si Pasig kay Munti. hehee!
ahh so baka muntinlupa yung nabalitaan ko sa news dati. i think baka pasig and not just the shops. lalo na kaka-pasig day lang last saturday. baka dun nilaunch yun :) dun pag-alis ng mga smoking area sa harap ng building natuwa din ako eh hahaha!
this is good news!
bev: yup!astig nga eh.ngayon nga parang pati straw hindi na tuloy ako kumukuha lol
Post a Comment