I am able to regularly check Femalenetwork.com here in the office and today I came across this article: http://www.femalenetwork.com/food-home/clean-queen-the-catharsis-of-dejunking-your-home . I'd like to share this to people that are like me, too sentimental for their own good.
I never thought that there is a phobia for not wanting to throw away things that you own. And yes, this article hit me big time! I do general cleaning of my room every now and then. But everytime i do so, there are things that I already decide to get rid off, but then i find myself getting it back from the trash bin. I don't know but I tend to hold on to things because of the memories they hold. It somehow makes me proud that I was able to treasure things way back in elementary and high school days (okay now you can start imagining how dusty and cluttered my room is lol). They make me smile whenever I see them once in a while during cleaning time, but like what the article said, I don't really use them anymore but they just serve as reminder of the past.
Last time i tried tidying my room, well i think i made an achievement. I was able to throw some of my reviewers, exams and notes during college. Yes! I still had those things until that day I decide to remove them from my room. But I'm honest that i did retain quite a few ( Nah, i think my mother wont agree with this coz she wanted me to throw the entire box haha!) but at least I succeeded in giving some things up.
I also gave some of my clothes that are too sentimental for me (e.g. my first ever pants i bought in college from my dlsu allowance). They still fit me fortunately but the style is not so of this year anymore so I forced myself that its time to give them to my cousins. Some i gave to Erika, my younger sister. But that so I can still them at home (so wise of me teehee!). And I'm glad that I was left with at least three big boxes at home and some other containers that I used as storage. Hopefully I can still de-junk my room and will myself to let go of those other stuff to save some space and be less cluttered :)
Thursday, April 29, 2010
All Time Popular Posts
-
Last week I bought a book from one of the financial bloggers I follow. Her name is Sha Nacino and she is one of the author of the book Think...
-
http://thebudgetfashionseeker.blogspot.com
-
I am using the new gadget to post this. A lot has happened the past months but i haven't written anything on this blog yet. Hopefully i...
-
This was my first time that I treated my family for an out of trip. And I'm really happy because it was also their first time to ride a ...
-
I followed Marcy's suggestion of avoiding coffee since it might be connected to the nightmare. I normally drink 2-3 mugs of coffee a day...
GFC Followers
Designed By Templateism | Seo Blogger Templates
5 comments:
i can totally relate! kung ndi nga ako lumipat ng bahay, ndi ako mafoforce maglinis ang magtapon. haha!
hahaha! ako din, hirap magtapon ng mga gamit. kahit mga post it lang sa office di ko tinatapon. hahaha!
leda: hahaha!napilitan talaga ano? :D ako nga dami pang kalat humuhugot pa ako ng lakas para mapakawalan na sila ng tuluyan hehe..
brij: kakaloka ano?ako rin eh yung mga post-it ko nilagay ko na nga sa isang envelope dati kasi nagnonotes lang ako ng mga plans then ngayon kinocompare ko ano na nagawa ko sa mga yun :D
there's a tv show called "Hoarders". Grabe... magugulat ka how much these people keep. Sakit daw yun eh.
bev: ah talaga?di yun lumabas sa search ko ah. pero grabe yung cases ng ibang tao. as in yung bahay no parang walang space na. tapos pati relationship sa family affected na hahaha!
sabi nga kahit daw yung techie hoarding ng files etc. sakit din daw lol
Post a Comment