By:
sally
on Monday, September 19, 2011
This was my first time that I treated my family for an out of trip. And I'm really happy because it was also their first time to ride a plane. I booked our flight last February 25, when Cebupac had their regular promo fare whenever there's an occasion. Our flight costs P1252, round trip tickets for 6 persons. Super cheap right? :)
We spent 3 days in Bacolod, which were mostly consisting of lounging and eating. We stayed at Saltimboca Inn along Lacson St. for two nights. We were on separate rooms on our first night, with 2 single beds each. Then on the second night, we transferred to a family room, which has 4 single beds. The pension inn has gazebo, adult and kiddie pool and restaurant. The receptionist are all friendly and they were really helpful with regards to answering my inquiries about commuting.
We tried some of the restaurants that were recommended by some users in Girtalk. And all six of us fell in love with the food served at Bob's Restaurant. We ate there twice since we really enjoyed their delicious Lechon Macao and Fish & Chips. And by the way, the waiter that served us during dinner, Kuya Rajie is really super nice. He was always there ready to refill our bottomless drinks, and served our orders in a snap.
 |
| see the prices? |
 |
| Bob's Restaurant (near Saltimboca) |
 |
| Lechon Macao |
We also went to eat at Manokan Country along a street near SM Bacolod. We chose Aida's, since we were curious why there were lots of people eating there, while others only have few. And when we went inside, we saw an advertisement that they already have a branch in Makati Square. And the number of people inside made sense. With regards to the food, my brother and mother thought that there was nothing special to it. My brother even said that he liked Mang Inasal more, since the latter offers unlimited rice haha!
Calea's was the only cafe that we visited for dessert. We went there and ordered a slice of cake each. And I ordered additional slices since I read (from Girltalk) that pecan pie and mudpie should be tried at the cafe. And yes, they were right! I personally love the choco mousse bomb and mudpie. Pecan pie got the vote of my mother.
 |
| Calea's |
 |
| mudpie |
 |
| triple choco mousse |
 |
| choco mousse bomb |
 |
| pecan pie |
We also visited Mambukal Resort, a mountain resort in Murcia, Bacolod. It was a one hour drive since we only went there by commuting (2 rides from Lacson St.). It was a place where you can see the 7 falls, but we decided not to take the tour and just settled for the swimming pool since the tour entails one hour of walking.
 |
| Mambukal Resort |
On our third day, I was feeling a little bit down that we were not able to go the places that I have on my list. Good thing I decided the last minute that we check The Ruins. And I made the right decision since the place was really amazing! It was an old(destroyed) mansion owned by Don Mariano Lacson, which was set on fire during the World War II. The place is serene and I love the beautiful garden outside. Kuya Ruel, the taxi driver we hired told me that the venue is used for weddings and the likes. And I would agree that it would be a beautiful place for one if not for the road that leads to the place (I can imagine how creepy it would be at night). We only spent 15minutes there, which is why i regret not agreeing to Kuya Ruel's offer to go there around 3pm. I think I might visit The Ruins again if ever I go to Bacolod again.
 |
| The Ruins |
By the way, when we were at the Silay Airport waiting for our flight back to Manila, we saw Christian Vasquez. My mother said that he is an Ilonggo. I even thought that the man he was talking to was his father during his first commercial. And that made me remember the time when I encountered Kuya Kim during my Legazpi flight last February (saw him at the line entering NAIA Terminal 3, and inside the airplane!).
Even if i did not see a beautiful beach in Bacolod, I think I might visit it again. I still wanted to try some of the restaurants that I was not able to go to (Bascon Cafe, Pendy's, etc) and I also want to see how the city transform when it is already time for the Masskara Festival. Hope I can go there next year!
2 comments:
looks fun! glad u and ur family enjoyed ur trip :)
on manokan country - good choice! aida's rin ung napuntahan ko non, i really love isol (PWET NG MANOK) hehe, malaki ung size na sineserve nila -- compared to other inasal restos ata. and best of all, yummeh. aah (never thought i'd say this but) i miss bacolod! :)
Post a Comment