We were watching Wish Ko Lang yesterday and the episode was about a high school student that tried her best to survive studying even if no one is supporting her. She is already an orphan, but her situation did not stop her for pursuing her studies. She tried selling items in school and everything, making her earn up to a maximum of P600.00 per month, which she will then stretch for all her needs. Good thing she had those churchmates-slash-friends that helped her in terms of shelter. Actually, they were the ones who wrote to Vicky Morales about Rui and for me it was already a big help that they did.
When I did watch the episode, I just remembered the days when things are not so good during my younger years. I can still remember some of the tough times during high school but with it is the recall of the generous people that helped me survived. I never get to say how i was really thankful to those people. But if ever one day, i get to meet them again, I will.
I also noticed that during the entire segment of Rui's story, she was controlling her emotions. I told my mother that Wish Ko Lang can't make her cry. Mama told me that maybe she already shed so many tears before that she can no longer cry. That girl should be an inspiration to those kids that are not taking their studies seriously, especially those that are capable of enrolling in prestigious schools. I myself wanted to go back to school to take a new path, like interior designing or other stuff that I like. I took computer studies during college for practically reasons by the way. But then again, I have too much of responsibility to even dream of supporting myself for a four-year course again. But someday, I know I'll do it :)
To Rui, it's good that you did not take the path that will lead you to bad life. Continue making God the center of your life and I will also be praying for your future even if we are strangers to each other. Your story will always be an inspiration to us. God bless!
All Time Popular Posts
-
Last week I bought a book from one of the financial bloggers I follow. Her name is Sha Nacino and she is one of the author of the book Think...
-
http://thebudgetfashionseeker.blogspot.com
-
I am using the new gadget to post this. A lot has happened the past months but i haven't written anything on this blog yet. Hopefully i...
-
This was my first time that I treated my family for an out of trip. And I'm really happy because it was also their first time to ride a ...
-
I followed Marcy's suggestion of avoiding coffee since it might be connected to the nightmare. I normally drink 2-3 mugs of coffee a day...
GFC Followers
Designed By Templateism | Seo Blogger Templates
3 comments:
I agree! Actually nakakarelate din ako dahil sa parents ko, both are self-supporting para lang makapag-aral at makapagtrabaho.. long story. Inspiration ko din sila. :)
yup and thankfully ganda ng outcome. ako marami pa akong plan gawin for family. sana magawa ko lahat :)
nice :) kaya mo yan sally! :)
Post a Comment