Monday, July 12, 2010

Robinson's Fit and Fun Buddy Run

Share it Please
It was good that I woke up just in time for the fun run yesterday, where Bev and I registered in at the Fort. It was the Rob's Fit and Fun Buddy Run, wherein participants should run with a partner and they should finish the run together. I never experienced running with someone, since I am used to running alone and just meet my friends who joined as well at the finish line. So I do my own pacing and I always stop whenever I feel tired and just do brisk walk. But yesterday, I can say that I did the jogging/running more than walking during the entire 10K. And it was all thanks to Bev!

I can't imagine that I can jog 2K straight, which what Bev and I did at first. It was already an achievement for me I told her, since I easily get tired from continous jog-run. Maybe it was due to the fact that we are sharing stories during the first few kilometers that I didn't notice that we already were in the 2K mark. Then as we run along the race, we did few stops, especially when the area below my stomach felt pain already. It was also the first time that I experienced a route with bridge. It was the brige going to Buendia, and goodness, I couldn't take it so we decided to walk the up and jog the other half going down.

We finished the 10K for 1h 36m. We were both surprised that it took us that long, but it was a nice experience. Thanks Bev for adjusting to my slow pace. I think I need to prepare for fun run now and not just go with it on the day itself. Maybe I need a new pair of running shoes as well (if budget permits) :)

By the way, thanks to Bets for registering us in this fun run. and for the next event: Rexona fun run at MOA!

2 comments:

bev said...

super enjoy nga eh!
rexona next!

sally said...

oo nga eh! haha! sabihan kita pag nakaregister na ako. sa mega ata meron eh. gusto ko yung green na singlet kahawig nung sa buddy run :)

Post a Comment

All Time Popular Posts

GFC Followers