The marathon that we signed up for last week, Philstar Celebrity Run, happened today around 5:45am (for the category we belonged, 10K) at the Fort. This is my third time to join a marathon, second time in registering for the 10K category. I was just planning to be in the 5K since I can still recall the heavy feeling that I experienced last time (but finishing the race is really worth it!) but my officemates were able to convinced me to again join the 10K category. So this morning, all i was thinking of was how to at least lessen my time to finish the race. Last marathon I had a record of 1h 31m. And today it was 1h 27m. I was kind of depressed at first since only made a difference of 4minutes. But thanks to Bets for giving encouraging remarks through text that 4 minutes is a big achievement and i need not underestimate it. And then after that I felt yeah at least it is shorter by 4minutes than the last time haha! Hopefully I would have more improvement if ever I join another race by next year :)
Aside from the time spent on the race, what I notice was my body did not feel painful after running. Unlike my first attempt, which I remembered that I can't even stand after the race, this time I just feel exhausted but legs are doing fine. Still feeling tired up to now actually lol. But I feel happy that again I was able to complete the race. It was tempting to do some shortcuts specially if you see a lot of people doing it, but the sense of fulfillment will not be that sweet if you do not finish the race. So you just have to be focused and stick to your goal. Even though your one of those runners who finish late. I will just post updates of the result. Hopefully this time, my name will be in the list :)
Sunday, December 20, 2009
All Time Popular Posts
-
Last week I bought a book from one of the financial bloggers I follow. Her name is Sha Nacino and she is one of the author of the book Think...
-
http://thebudgetfashionseeker.blogspot.com
-
I am using the new gadget to post this. A lot has happened the past months but i haven't written anything on this blog yet. Hopefully i...
-
This was my first time that I treated my family for an out of trip. And I'm really happy because it was also their first time to ride a ...
-
I followed Marcy's suggestion of avoiding coffee since it might be connected to the nightmare. I normally drink 2-3 mugs of coffee a day...
GFC Followers
Designed By Templateism | Seo Blogger Templates
No comments:
Post a Comment