"I'm just a little bit caught in a middle
life is a maze, and love is a riddle.."
I went to SM North this afternoon to catch the last show of Lenka here in Manila. I planned to see it either Dec 11 or 12 day but the problem was those were also my sister's (Erika, dec 11) and Tita's (Avhyc, Dec 12) birthdays. So after having two day celebrations for them, my schedule was then cleared for this day and finally I was able to go to the event.
Actually I only know two songs from her album. The Show and Knock Knock, which I only hear on the radio. But those two are really catchy songs, those that once you heard you'll find yourself singing or humming them the whole day. Since listening to the radio is part of my morning routine, it is from there that i heard that Lenka will visit the Philippines to have mall shows. I was curious of how her voice will sound if she is to sing live. I was looking forward to this event and the show she had earlier was wonderful. She is a good singer and musician and i enjoyed all the songs that she performed!
If I remember it correctly, Lenka sang Trouble is a Friend, Knock Knock, The Show, Don't Let Me Fall, Dangerous and Sweet, and We Will Not Grow Old. All the songs were feel good ones and I find her voice unique. She can both be sweet and then belt out in different parts of the songs. And i applauded on her performance of Don't Let Me Fall. It was soothing and she requested everyone to put down their cameras ( at first i did not listen to this =p) so that song would be special for everyone because we are not filming it and she did a good job singing it! I find her mini piano on that song really cute by the way haha! I wish someone did record the entire song. I only had half of it because my camera was too obvious to use during that time.
I bought the CD by the way so i lined up after the show to have it signed. Unfortunately, the autograph signing was lightning fast that i was not able to request her to look at the camera for the photo. It was my first time to try get an autograph from a foreign artist and i just did not expect the experience to be super quick. But still I have my CD with Lenka's signature on it :)
On another note, Lenka's guitist, Trey, is a cute guy haha! I was not able to ask him sign on anything since he was not part of the autograph signing. But i got near him and took some photos when he returned on the stage to get his stuff. It would be fun if i had picture with him =p
And to the ladies, who were so nice to take my picture with Lenka: Thank you thank you so much! That picture made the entire event worth it :) I already sent some pictures to the email address that you gave me. Many thanks again!
//Pictures are in facebook
David Archie note: Just want to share that while waiting for the event to start, they played his Christmas album in the area. I also heard one of his song in Mcdo pedro gil. DA's songs are everywhere!
Sunday, December 13, 2009
All Time Popular Posts
-
Last week I bought a book from one of the financial bloggers I follow. Her name is Sha Nacino and she is one of the author of the book Think...
-
http://thebudgetfashionseeker.blogspot.com
-
I am using the new gadget to post this. A lot has happened the past months but i haven't written anything on this blog yet. Hopefully i...
-
This was my first time that I treated my family for an out of trip. And I'm really happy because it was also their first time to ride a ...
-
I followed Marcy's suggestion of avoiding coffee since it might be connected to the nightmare. I normally drink 2-3 mugs of coffee a day...
GFC Followers
Designed By Templateism | Seo Blogger Templates
No comments:
Post a Comment